[Samba] username rpc invalid?

darren.miller at philips.com darren.miller at philips.com
Tue Nov 19 13:15:01 GMT 2002

We have a local project account onsite which they have named rpc, only
this won't map via samba on Linux

Linux Slackware 8.1
Samba 2.2.4

This did previously work using HPUX 11.00 and Samba 2.0.4b

Anyone know why its reporting invalid username on this name specifically?

I have used other 3 character names to test it without incident just
appears to be a problem with samba, I can login locally as rpc to the
linux server.

Am at a loss..

Darren

Darren Miller
Senior Systems Support Engineer
Microsoft Certified Professional
SCO Advanced Certified Engineer
Infomation Systems Department (Core Server Support)
Philips Semiconductors,Milbrook Industrial Estate,Southampton,SO15
0DJ,England
Direct Dial In: (02380) 312681