[Samba] joining an NT PDC, WinNT user privileges

Daniel E. Coletti dcoletti at xtech.com.ar
Mon Nov 18 16:05:05 GMT 2002

Hi,
	I've been looking for this information, but I couldn't find it
anywhere.
	I have a samba (2.2.3) on debian (woody) and I mean to configure this
server with winbind so it can authenticate domain users. The PDC is at a
NT server.
	My question is is very simple ... what are the *exact* privileges I
need to give the user I use to join the domain? Winbind docs says use
'Administrator'. Since this Win PDC tries to be as secure as possible,
using the PDC admin user for this samba server is something I'm not
allowed to do.

thanks,

daniel///
--