[Samba] Master browser problems (SOLVED)

Paladin paladin at paladin.dhis.org
Sun Nov 17 13:24:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 05:39:06 +0000 (GMT)
John H Terpstra <jht at samba.org> wrote:

>  Firstly, Are your TCP/IP settings correct on all machines?
>  	ie: IP Addresses in the same network range?
>  		- netmasks the same
>  		- router (gateway) addresses the same on all

The network mask!!! I've recently installed a dhcp server on the linux server and I configured a sub-netmask of the network, but I forgot to change the netmask of it's interface on the server! =)

THANKS!! =)

BTW, I'm trying to implement a domain server using samba. I've read some texts (I haven't read all TFM this time) and what I've done by now was to create two shares and a user, which name's ends with $ and created the same user in the smbpasswd using the options "-a -m".
What do I have to do now? As far as I understood by my attempts to join the domain I have to create a machine user for each PC I want to connect to the domain. Or I misunderstood this?
And where does winbindd enter in this story!? I've installed it just in case......... :P You can shout (can't think of a better word for this...) at me this time for not have read all about this... :P

--
Paladin