[Samba] Bytle Locking

Cory A. Wynn coryawynn at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 19:04:01 GMT 2002

I am running RH8 with Samba 2.2.6.  I am attempting to
connect a Win2k box to my Linux box.  I "see" Linux in
Network Neighborhood, I can ping the Win2k BIOS name,
and I can ping the Linux box BIOS name.  However When
I click on accessing linux I get resource not
available.  And when I run smbstatus I get the
following:

Samba version 2.2.6
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

Failed to open byte range locking database
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

Can someone help me PLEEEEZZ!!!!!  I have been workin
on this for well over a week.

Thx in advance.

=====
"Eat from the tree of life and throw away the verbal ham"