[Samba] XP Pro And Samba

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Thu Nov 14 18:48:00 GMT 2002

We dont have so good experience here on the list
connecting XP's.It is rather difficult because M$
probably have done something with the XP firewall.
However this could not be the problem here since your
internet connection works fine.Samba uses ports
137(udp) ,138(udp) and 139 (tcp). make sure they are
opened.You must also create the same user/passwd pair
in linux as in samba, and log in with that in
windows.But here you would probably got an Access
denied error or permission denied error if that was
not ok.Else make sure you have listed up thrusted
interfaces in interfaces=x.x.x.x  127.0.0.1 in
smb.conf.Eventually enable wins in smb.conf and set
the wins ip in tcp/ip prop. in XP to the ip of your
lan card.There could be a lot of other thing you must
do that perhaps sombody else could answer, however I
would check these things I mentioned first.

--- CAREYUSELMAN at netscape.net skrev: > I have a win98
peer to peer network using a Samba

=====
http://home.no.net/~knutove/knut_ove_hauge_kuren.htm