[Samba] Manually adding Samba attributes from Perl

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Mon Nov 11 19:19:00 GMT 2002

Hey all,

I need to create a perl script that will add Samba attributes to existing
LDAP accounts; basically, I just need to replicate what smbpasswd does in
Perl.

I've found a perl module that will create the password hashes for me, so
that part's taken care of. The one thing I'm not sure how to do is
generate the rid and PrimaryGroupID entries. Does anyone know how these
are generated? I've thought of just looking at the existing entries and
adding one to the highest each time; would that be acceptable?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!