[Samba] problem with different user

Wieprecht, Karen M. Karen.Wieprecht at jhuapl.edu
Mon Nov 11 18:57:01 GMT 2002

We use security = domain with winbind running and samba 2.2.5.  For our
usernames to map correctly,  we have to put the domainame in front of the
username with our winbind separator (we use an underscore "_"). If you are
using security=domain and winbind,  try it this way in your username map:

	cs02929 = YOURDOMAINNAME_eng.processo

Your milage may vary depending on your samba version and use of winbind.
Other people at my site who do not use winbind do not seem to need the
domainname prefix.

	Karen Wieprecht