[Samba] Re: pdb_mysql + XP domain logons = no go

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Nov 11 14:06:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 12:33:53AM +1100, xfesty wrote about 'pdb_mysql + XP domain logons = no go':
> Hiya...

> I'm using Jelmer's pdb_mysql module for authenticating against a mysql
> database of users.

> Having a wierd problem... basically, if I add a machine account into
> the mysql or smbpasswd (i.e. "passdb backend =
> plugin:/usr/local/lib/pdb_mysql.so:mysql smbpasswd" in smb.conf - using
> both), I can go to that XP machine, join the domain (root user), but on
> reboot it refuses to see the domain server, saying its not available
> for logins.

> Currently machine accounts / root account are in smbpasswd, with normal
> users in the mysql db.  If I comment out the passdb line (so its back
> to the default smbpasswd), and restart samba, the XP machines can
> instantly see the samba server, and will authenticate it no problems.

> Ack. :-(

> I increased the log level to 3, but couldn't see anything in smbd's log
> that was relevant / different.
Could you increase the log level somewhat(to 8) and send me the logs?
I think it's got something to do with not finding the machine account,
but I'm not sure.

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://nl.linux.org/~jelmer/
 15:04:14 up  1:10,  6 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.14, 0.32