[Samba] pdb_mysql + XP domain logons = no go

xfesty xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Mon Nov 11 13:34:01 GMT 2002

Hiya...

I'm using Jelmer's pdb_mysql module for authenticating against a mysql
database of users.

Having a wierd problem... basically, if I add a machine account into
the mysql or smbpasswd (i.e. "passdb backend =
plugin:/usr/local/lib/pdb_mysql.so:mysql smbpasswd" in smb.conf - using
both), I can go to that XP machine, join the domain (root user), but on
reboot it refuses to see the domain server, saying its not available
for logins.

Currently machine accounts / root account are in smbpasswd, with normal
users in the mysql db.  If I comment out the passdb line (so its back
to the default smbpasswd), and restart samba, the XP machines can
instantly see the samba server, and will authenticate it no problems.

Ack. :-(

I increased the log level to 3, but couldn't see anything in smbd's log
that was relevant / different.

Any ideas? :-(