[Samba] Multiple Groups Assigned to a File

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Mon Nov 11 10:24:00 GMT 2002

> Message: 14
> From: Noel Kelly <nkelly at citrusnetworks.net>
> To: 'Jess Cannata' <doubtful500 at hotmail.com>, samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: RE: [Samba] Multiple Groups Assigned to a File

ACLs don't require that you recompile your kernel, just choose your
distro. ACLs (with support in samba) have worked out the box (on XFS) on
Mandrake since 8.1, and 9.0 also supports ACLs on ext2/ext3. With 2.4.19
kernels and later however, you need to mount any FS which uses ACLs with
the acl option before they will work, and this is not the default (since
it breaks LSB-copmliance).

I think SuSE also has ACL support, but I don't use it, so can't be sure.

Regards,
Buchan

- --