[Samba] Samba and Windows XP, 30 second lockup

Boogerman boogerman at interar.com.ar
Sun Nov 10 00:56:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I've been using Samba for quite a while now (about 3 years), and I've tried
it with multiple Windows versions: 98, ME, 2000 and XP, in that order.
However, when I migrated from 2000 to XP, a problem apeared that was not
present in any other Windows version. Everthing works fine, excepting that
when I am using the samba shares (browsing, opening files, etc...) from time
to time I get a ~30 second lockup. During that time, the Samba shares are
unresponsive from that computer (other computers work fine).

I imagine this is probably an XP bug (since it doesn't happen in other
Windows versions). But I would like to know if anyone has this problem and
knows of a solution (from Samba or from XP). I've noticed this behaviour
with multiple versions of Samba, including the latest release (2.2.6) and
3.0a20 (wich I am using right now).

Thanks,

Boogerman