[Samba] taking the 3.0 plunge

Barry Hunter Priest hunter at geog.tamu.edu
Sun Nov 10 01:45:01 GMT 2002

I'm just curious:  It seems that more and more people are using 3.0 (or
3.0a20). Obviously on this list we normally hear the worst (ie xxx
doesn't work, why?).  What I would like to know about are 3.0 success
stories.  Stability? Platform? Compiler? Gotcha's encountered?

Here is what I am considering: a Mandrake 9.0 box with it's default gcc
3.2,  I am still using a windows 2K Advanced Server to do AD stuff but
would eventually like to migrate that to the linux box as well.

Thanks
Barry Hunter Priest