[Samba] win2k connecting to sbm Linux server

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Nov 8 14:26:54 GMT 2002

Hi
you not reply my que. but simply try write this
in smb.conf globals you must have

security=user
domain logons=no

then as root in shell run
adduser wincliname (or useradd...)
smbpasswd -a wincliname

then restart samba and try log to windows as user wincliname and pasword
your typed.
Go to network and open samba name...
Your Win2k must be only in workgroup named in samba not in domain...
Bye.