[Samba] cross subnet browsing (win Xp problem)

Daniellek daniel at rotfl.linux.krakow.pl
Wed Nov 6 10:02:22 GMT 2002

W dniu Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:38:42AM +0100, Marian Mlcoch, Ing wystukał(a):
>Hi Daniel
>Browsing on mixed subnets network cross routers is problem.
>I dont undestand how is configured your leased line and routers but if your
>Win98 clients on second network ok see first segment PCs then problem is
>exatly in XP . You must set only tcpip protocol on XP and workgroup must be
>some. And wins on XP must be set to samba IP.

I now that the problem is in XP, and yes, there's only tcp/ip protocol, and yes
again it has WINS server set to Samba fileserver IP.
Configuration is set properly (this XP sees all network when connected
directly to network with Samba(WINS) server.

Some suggestions?

--
Daniel Fenert                 --==> daniel at fenert.net <==--
==-P o w e r e d--b y--S l a c k w a r e-=-ICQ #37739641-==