[Samba] Help Please!

Don Collins Collins.Don at orbital.com
Fri Nov 1 16:36:43 GMT 2002

I keep getting these errors

[2002/11/01 11:24:02, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(507)
  read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

I have also seen write_socket_data errors. We have checked the switches and
see no errors on them. These are various clients, some win2k,98,Nt4 etc. I
have tried different versions of samba and made my smb.conf as basic as
possible. Any help would be greatlly appreciated, This has been going on
for two weeks and users are getting mad because they get disconnected.

Thanks

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAINXXXX
        netbios name = CADXXXX
        server string = Samba
        security = SERVER
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        update encrypted = Yes
        password server = PASSWDSRV1,PASSWDSRV2
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
        max log size = 50
        local master = No
        wins server = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        oplock break wait time = 10