[Samba] Outlook and roving profiles.

ben.luckham at bimtech.co.uk ben.luckham at bimtech.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 11:49:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have set up Samba 2.2.5 to be a PDC for a small (4 computer domain). I
have created the users, and can log in from the Win2000 boxes we use.
Roaming profiles also seem to work, with My Documents, Desktop, etc, all
being restored on subsequent logons.

However, Microsoft Outlook settings/mailboxes are *not* restored, and
Outlook takes a long time (>30secs) to start up. Each time, I am prompted
to create a new identity. If I proceed, everything works fine until the
next login, upon which I have to set up the identity again.

I have a profiles share and netlogin share... does anyone have any ideas
why this is not working?

Thanks,
Ben.