[Samba] Problems joining an XP box to a Samba PDC domain

Brad O'Hearne brado at neurofire.com
Thu May 30 23:02:02 GMT 2002

I am using RH 7.2 with Samba 2.2.4.  I have changed my smb.conf as
appropriate, added users on my linux box both on the machine and using
smbpasswd, and applied the XP patch to my registry.  This was according
to the PDC HOW-TO that comes with the source.

Anyway, I am not having any luck connecting the XP box to my Samba PDC.
The problem is this: when I try to join my XP machine to the domain, I
get a window with the following message:

"A domain controller for the domain <domain_name> could not be
contacted."

This suggests that the XP box isn't seeing the Samba server properly.
In the email below, the following is suggested:

I have attached my smb.conf....if anyone can help, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

BradO