[Samba] Saving file and file locking problems

Jean-Rene Cormier jrclist at cipanb.ca
Thu May 23 07:09:02 GMT 2002

I was just with my boss cause he had trouble with some Excel and Word
document on the Samba server. I noticed that when he saves an Excel
document sometimes it takes a lot of time to save and sometimes Excel
stop responding, when that happens the file stays locked on the server
and when he tries to open it back, he can only open it read only. Is
there a reason why it takes so much time to save? And is there someway I
can prevent the file from staying locked?

Jean-Rene Cormier