[Samba] Saving file and file locking problems

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu May 23 07:17:02 GMT 2002

Shortly after we deployed Samba we had a problem with an AutoCAD user who
had trouble saving files, and with files ending up locked for no apparent
reason.  We found he'd been accidentally placed on a network hub that was
badly overloaded, and the packet loss was apparently causing the locking
problems.  After correcting that everything worked smoothly.  (And some
mysterious problems we'd been having with our Access database before the
Samba deployment went away, too.)

I guess this is a long way of telling you to make sure your boss's
connection to the network is good. :)