[Samba] Newbie question

Cates, Brett BrettC at campbellhealth.net
Tue May 21 13:43:03 GMT 2002

Is your Samba server set up as a WINS server as well?  WINS is very
important when using the TCP/IP stack on M$ OS's...  To test without setting
up WINS, you can enter in the server information manually using the LMHOSTS
file on the XP PC.  Here's a link on M$'s website for the LMHOSTS file:
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q102044

Just a thought...

Brett Cates
Network Administrator