[Samba] weird winbind scenario

Jason Byars jbyars at iupui.edu
Tue May 21 13:58:02 GMT 2002

	Hi, I have a box running Mandrake 8.2 and samba 2.2.4 on an NT
domain.  smbpasswd -j says it joins the domain ok, I use the included
sys-auth-windbind file for pam, and the winbind entries are in
nsswitch.conf.  Everything appears to be running, but when I try wbinfo -u
I get "Error looking up domain users".  getent passwd only return the linux
accounts.  Yet wbinfo -t returns "Secret is good" and wbinfo -a for any
valid user authenticates.  This one has me totally stumped.   What's worse
I have and Mandrake 8.1 machine running 2.2.3a with everything working just
fine.  Near as I can tell the settings between machines are identical
except for machine name.   Any ideas?  Thanks.

	Jason