[Samba] WinBind does not work well with Rational ClearCase (bug fix atta ched :)

Jazdzewski, StephenX A stephenx.a.jazdzewski at intel.com
Wed May 15 13:00:03 GMT 2002

Hello Samba,

We tried to use samba-2.2.4-1 with Rational ClearCase and had a problem
using WinBind.

ClearCase requires the primary group id to be set to the clearcase users
group.  WinBind sets the primary group to something like
DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS.

I am including the patch we made to samba-2.2.4 to get things working.

I have added two new smb.conf options:

winbind primary group	// defaults to "0" and sets user primary group to
the domain's primary group
winbind force primary	// defaults to "no", non-members of "primary group"
will get the domain's primary group.
				// If set to "yes", all users will get
"primary group" even if they are not listed as members.