[Samba] Win95 Update for Encrypted Passwords

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Wed May 15 12:45:02 GMT 2002

I came across this while looking for something else
in TechNet:

Windows 95 Update Prevents Sending Clear-Text Password Over Net [Q165403]

PSS ID Number: Q165403
Article last modified on 03-15-2002

 - Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98

 ------------------------------------

This issue is resolved by the following updated files for Windows 95:

   Vredir.vxd version 4.00.1114 (dated 6/2/97) and later
  Vnetsup.vxd version 4.00.1112 (dated 6/2/97) and later

To install this update, follow these steps:

1. Download the Vrdrupd.exe file to an empty folder.

2. In My Computer or Windows Explorer, double-click the Vrdrupd.exe file you
  downloaded in step 1.

3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download
Center:

   DownloadDownload Vrdrupd.exe now
  (ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/vrdrupd.exe)

I've seen a couple of msgs recently about Win95 clients,
and thought this might apply.

Jim