[Samba] Samba developers - Printing/driver downloading

Mike Babnick samba at trinidadusa.com
Tue May 14 15:44:02 GMT 2002

First: From the Windows NT printer properties box, I entered comments,
location and other settings - what file are these settings stored in?

Second: Thank you Samba developers!

I've been working off and on for two days to make printer driver
downloading available to my NT Workstations and all the little details that
make such a thing happen.  Reading the HTML printer driver doc from the
Samba 2.2.4 doc directory, I was able to get things up and running
great!  I may have cursed Samba a couple of times but once I figured it
out, oh how nice it works.  On my workstation, I added a printer from a
list of printers on a Samba PDC and the drivers downloaded without a
problem and the comments as well as other settings (like duplexer settings)
all came across like they would on from a Windows NT Server.  Awesome software.

I know so little in the area of UNIX/Linux and Samba but I am trying to
figure out how I can assist your efforts in a show of appreciation and
thanks.  For now, I continue to watch for easy questions on the samba list
I can answer.

Cheers,

Mike