[Samba] Samba + Windos XP/2k + Netbench Problem

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Mon May 13 11:53:02 GMT 2002

This may not be a samba problem per se. I just ran a test with a
single client running 8 engines.

With clean directory structure -
Against Win2K server - 2 engines died (1 delete, 1 move)
Against NT4.0 server - 6 engines died (3 create, 3 delete)
Against samba 2.2.4 on IRIX - 6 engines died (1 create, 3 delete, 2 move)

With old files present -
Against a Win2K server - 2 engines died (1 create, 1 delete).
Against NT4.0 server - 5 engines died (5 delete)
Against samba 2.2.4 on IRIX - 6 engines died (6 delete)

The servers used were as follows
Win2K - 1P 200 MHz PentiumPro
NT4.0 - 4P 400 MHZ Xeon
Samba - 4P 500Mhz MIPS R14000