[Samba] Problem with samba 2.2.4 and Mandrake 8.2

cyroreal at bol.com.br cyroreal at bol.com.br
Fri May 10 10:19:02 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I updated my mandrake 8.2 samba from version 2.2.3a to 2.2.4, using mandrake cooker package, but after the update my
win98 clients can not logon on the server any more, the clients can't even find the pdc, because i get a big time from
the time that the user type his username and pass, and the logon error message. So is this a problem with mandrake's
package or the logon procedure (smbpasswd file) has changed from this versions?? Do i have to change something in
smb.conf??? My other problem is that i still get errors when mounting windows directories on mandrake 8.2, someone told
me this was a problem with 2.4.18 kernel, is it right?? The new kernel from cooker (2.4.18.14mdk) correct this
problem?? Tanks very much in advance for the help...

Cyro

Quer ter seu próprio endereço na Internet?
Garanta já o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails personalizados.
DomíniosBOL - http://dominios.bol.com.br