[Samba] Configuring PAM

Darin DeCounter ddecounter at reviewjournal.com
Wed May 8 09:56:02 GMT 2002

We're using Samba 2.2.2 on AIX (RS/6000) with NT authentication.  We only
want to authenticate at the PDC, and if they pass, they'll be able to map
to whatever shares have been assigned to their Workgroup...we need to
bypass any authentication at the AIX level.  From the limited documentation
(PAM-authenication-and-Samba.html) , it almost looks like PAM will
accomplish this task.  Is anyone using PAM for this reason, and if so, is
there more detailed documentation on PAM?  Thank you.

Darin DeCounter

Atex Assistant System Administrator
Las Vegas Review-Journal
702-387-5230