[Samba] XP, shares and connections to port 80

Patrick Gunerud slu at firerun.net
Tue May 7 17:14:10 GMT 2002

I was getting the same thing with my machine, but I did eventually find
out what it was.  Windows XP has a Webdav redirector client that can
allow you to map a share to a http server.  It by default checks to see
if the share is http everytime.  To turn this feature off you need to
turn of the webclient service in the administrative tools.  Once turned
off it will no longer check the http server when connecting to a share.

Patrick