[Samba] What to do for ACL support?

amoote at ivhs.com amoote at ivhs.com
Tue May 7 17:11:08 GMT 2002

Alexander,

Yes, it looks like it _should_ work.  Seems that all the req'd modules are
there.

Either way...if you want to run it on a test machine, I will help you as
best I can to work through the problems.

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries
tel: 905.624.7908
fax: 905.625.6197

                      Alexander Skwar
                      <ASkwar at DigitalPr        To:       amoote at ivhs.com
                      ojects.com>              cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [Samba] What to do for ACL support?
                      05/07/02 11:30 AM

»amoote at ivhs.com« sagte am 2002-05-07 um 11:06:09 -0400 :

> Well...what _should_ work and what _does_ work are two different things
> entirely.  :)

Yes, that's of course true.

> I am not a Mandrake man.  I was just trying to shed some light on the ACL
> situation, as I use ACLs and the 2.4.18 kernel with a RedHat 7.2 ext3
> installation.

Okay, but from what I've posted, you would assume that there's a chance
that it might work?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:            http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to
(english)
askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 1 day 23 hours 57 minutes