[Samba] What to do for ACL support?

amoote at ivhs.com amoote at ivhs.com
Tue May 7 17:09:40 GMT 2002

Well...what _should_ work and what _does_ work are two different things
entirely.  :)

I did misunderstand you.  Perhaps I didn't even read your original post in
it's entirety...my apologies.

I am not a Mandrake man.  I was just trying to shed some light on the ACL
situation, as I use ACLs and the 2.4.18 kernel with a RedHat 7.2 ext3
installation.
Whether Mandrake installs Samba to support ACLs by default I do not know.
Perhaps another in the list has more Mandrake experience than I.

Here

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries
tel: 905.624.7908
fax: 905.625.6197

                      Alexander Skwar
                      <ASkwar at DigitalPr        To:       amoote at ivhs.com
                                               Subject:  Re: [Samba] What to do for ACL support?
                      05/07/02 11:00 AM

»amoote at ivhs.com« sagte am 2002-05-07 um 10:18:28 -0400 :

> Sorry...
>
> Have you verified that the getfacl and setfacl utils are working from the
> console?

I think, you're misunderstanding me ;)  Or rather, I wasn't clear
enough.

I'm not saying that it's not working.  In fact, I haven't yet set the
server up.

I'm trying to find out what I've got to do, so that everything works.
If you're saying that with this setup everything should work, then I'm
happy! ;)

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:            http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to
(english)
askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 1 day 23 hours 26 minutes