[Samba] netlogon not working

Joe Joplin joejop at triad.rr.com
Sun May 5 04:40:05 GMT 2002

What OS are the clients running?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Canobeeens at aol.com
  To: samba at lists.samba.org
  Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 4:33 PM
  Subject: [Samba] netlogon not working

  Hello folks,
  I'm setting up a file server, using RedHat 7.2, and Samba 2.2.3a. Everything is working fine, except for login scripts. I created a netlogon directory

  /home/netlogon

  and set the path in the smb.conf file to point to it. I also gave it the appropriate file permissions, but when I login, Windows opens the .bat file, but fails in executing it. The login script contains nothing but the command

  net use H: \\wotan\IT

  The command fails with an error :

  Error 67: The specified shared directory cannot be found. Make sure you have specified the network name correctly.

  Well, it is correct, I even tried using the IP address of the server, as opposed to it's name, but to the same effect. When I try running this command from a DOS prompt, it works. Anyone every see this before? Thanks for any help.

  Brian