[Samba] netlogon not working

Canobeeens at aol.com Canobeeens at aol.com
Sat May 4 13:35:02 GMT 2002

Hello folks,
I'm setting up a file server, using RedHat 7.2, and Samba 2.2.3a. Everything
is working fine, except for login scripts. I created a netlogon directory

/home/netlogon

and set the path in the smb.conf file to point to it. I also gave it the
appropriate file permissions, but when I login, Windows opens the .bat file,
but fails in executing it. The login script contains nothing but the command

net use H: \\wotan\IT

The command fails with an error :

Error 67: The specified shared directory cannot be found. Make sure you have
specified the network name correctly.

Well, it is correct, I even tried using the IP address of the server, as
opposed to it's name, but to the same effect. When I try running this command
from a DOS prompt, it works. Anyone every see this before? Thanks for any
help.

Brian