[Samba] smbspool to NT printer

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed May 1 10:30:02 GMT 2002

That problem with -I is interesting. What was the command you finally used?
Here is the man page:

-I IP address
              IP address is the address of the server to  connect
              to.  It  should  be specified in standard "a.b.c.d"
              notation.

              Normally the client would attempt to locate a named
              SMB/CIFS  server  by  looking it up via the NetBIOS
              name resolution mechanism described  above  in  the
              name  resolve  order  parameter  above.  Using this
              parameter will force the client to assume that  the
              server  is  on  the  machine  with the specified IP
              address and  the  NetBIOS  name  component  of  the
              resource being connected to will be ignored.

This suggests there is either a name resolution problem or you have entered
the name of the NT server wrong (just guessing.)

Joel