[Samba] Explorer/PDC

Fridtjof Busse fridtjof.busse at gmx.de
Sun Mar 31 22:22:03 GMT 2002

Hi
I've just set up a new Samba PDC-Server (2.2.3a) that has to do the job
the old server (also Samba PDC 2.2.3a) did.
I compiled Samba, copied the config-files, passwd, group, shadow and
smbpasswd onto the new server and changed the config-file values to fit
the new name of the server.
I logged out all clients, deactivated the old server and started the
new one.
No problems so far.
The Win2000 clients couldn't log in first (new PDC, new servername), so
I reconnected to the Domain as Windows-admin (giving root's
smb-password) and changed the IP of the WINS-server.
Now normal users can log in, but immediately after the login the
Windows Explorer crashes and crashes and crashes...
If I delete the user-profile on the server, the next login is possible
without problems, but thats not a solution (currently about 500
profiles in /home/$user/.Profiles).
I have no idea if this is a Samba or Windows problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks

--
Fridtjof Busse
The Imperial Vendor or Contractor probably told them that droid armies