[Samba] Computer accounts & Win2K

mdt-tech-mailbox at shaw.ca mdt-tech-mailbox at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 29 12:59:02 GMT 2002

There are appropriate entries for the machine account in both
the /etc/passwd file and the /etc/shadow file.

I don't know if the Samba 2.2.1 RedHat RPM that comes with the
distribution was compiled with support for shadow passwords enabled,
but assume it must have been since shadow passwords are enabled by
default on current RedHat systems.  I suppose I could check the SRPM
file ...