[Samba] Problems with correct visualization of icons

renegade renegade at infolink.com.br
Fri Mar 29 12:05:02 GMT 2002

Greatings All,

I have a problem with visualization of icons (type .EXE)in my stations
with win98.

When option "security=server" be configured in my smb.conf file, the
icons showed seems like ms-dos applications. Other types of file
(.txt,.pdf,.zip,etc.) its ok. Samba server authenticates clients on PDC NT4.

But, when i configure the option "security=user" the same icons (.EXE)
seems normal, with respective "figures" correctly associeted.

What's problem here?
Configuration?
Samba bug?

P.S: i try this with 2.07 e 2.2.1a samba versions. Both dont work correctly.