[Samba] Strange looking behavior (may be off-topic)

Auleta, Michael michael.auleta at boeing.com
Fri Mar 29 07:51:11 GMT 2002

I have some users who are seeing some strange behavior in some drives mapped through Samba.  I've recently installed version 2.2.2 because I needed DFS.  The DFS share is pointing to a remote Samba server running version 2.0.9.  When you browse or map the the share, everything looks normal.  As an example, if my user maps the DFS share to I and one of the entries in the DFS share is

msdfs:system\share

he sees I:\share\dira
            I:\share\dirb
            I:\share\dirc

but in his application, he sees I:\share\dira\dira
                                            I:\share\dirb\dirb
                                            I:\share\dirc\dirc

Has anyone else seen this?  The application in Unigraphics.

Thanks -

Mike