[Samba] funny logging error in samba 2.0.7

Kevin Brown dotgonepc at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 27 09:20:15 GMT 2002

I have a turbolinux 6.5 server running samba 2.0.7.
It is ip 192.168.1.9, workstations are static ip to 192.168.1.10-20.
Samba is primary local master, there is no wins server as there is only one net of
255.255.255.0.
Everything runs fine, but the log.nmb is filled with this ongoing error.
I share the /home/samba/public as a mapped P:\ drive on the winboxes, with logins
occurring at login via encrypted passwords. There are only win95-98 boxes on the
lan.
Any ideas?
best, kevin brown
As a note, turbolinux 6.5 server is the most idiot proof pre-configured samba
distribution on the planet. I had this thing up in about 6 clicks via webmin.

[2002/03/24 04:09:31, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_refresh_reque
st(180)
  process_name_refresh_request: unicast name registration request received for n
ame BBS<00> from IP 192.168.1.14 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET.
[2002/03/24 04:09:31, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_refresh_reque
st(181)
  Error - should be sent to WINS server
[2002/03/24 04:09:31, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_refresh_reque
st(180)
  process_name_refresh_request: unicast name registration request received for n
ame BEVERLY<20> from IP 192.168.1.14 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET.
[2002/03/24 04:09:31, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_refresh_reque
st(181)
  Error - should be sent to WINS server
[2002/03/24 04:09:31, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_refresh_reque
st(180)
  process_name_refresh_request: unicast name registration request received for n
ame BEVERLY<03> from IP 192.168.1.14 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET.