[Samba] Install on rpm format

Manuel Argiz argiz at infonegocio.com
Wed Mar 27 07:25:38 GMT 2002

Hi:

I've update a samba at 2.2.3a versión, well realy I unistall a old versión
and install with paqage te last versión, after move the smb.con file at
/etc/samba/.

Well, i've reading the pcd howto and tell that I need to create a few
directories and links all that are in /usr/local/samba. But when i try to
access at /usr/local/samba i can't because that directory don't exsist, i
create it like:

mkdir /usr/local/samba/netlogon
	mkdir /usr/local/samba/netlogon/scripts
	mkdir /usr/local/samba/private
	touch /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
	chmod go-rwx /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
	cd /usr/local/sbin

And when i try to create this:

 ln -s /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd
	ln -s /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient
	ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/samba

I can't because on than directory exist smpasswd, smbclient and samba but
look at other position.

After, i try to add a w2k machine at my samba, i create a especial line in
the global secction like this add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g
machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %m$, but this don't add a
name's machine at the /etc/passwd, why?,

thank all.