[Samba] Using Samba to see NT2000 from Unix

McInerney, Mike MMcInerney at vmimedical.com
Wed Mar 27 06:56:29 GMT 2002

Hello;

We are being told that Samba cannot do what we are asking and so I thought
we should post this question and more detail about what it is we are trying
to do.

Here is the situation:

- We have an Oracle dbase installed on a Unix box.
- We have a web and file server resident on a NT2000 machine.
- The database contains "links" or "pointers" to documents housed on the
NT2000 machine
- We need to be able to allow users to access these docs via these
"pointers"
- How can we allow Unix to "see" or "map" an NT2000 drive via Samba ?

Thanks;

Mike;