[Samba] Samba-TNG PDC with W2K Client

Alexander Alexander at Prehypertext.de
Wed Mar 27 04:37:02 GMT 2002

Hi

Excuse my English *g*.
I’ve a Samba TNG 2.6 PDC acting as a Domain Server. There is an alex
[group:root] account on the /etc/passwd and on the smbpasswd file and I
created one with “createuser alex –p pw”. My Client Maschine is
headhunter so that I’ve HEADHUNTER$ without a password in the smbpasswd
file and created one with “createuser HEADHUNTER$”
Here is a snippet of my smb.conf :

-------------smb.conf-----------------------
[global]

bind interfaces only = true
workgroup = HUNTER
netbios name = limes
server string = alexsrv 2/2
log file = /data/log/smb.%m.log
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
local master = yes
os level = 64
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = startadmin.bat
logon path = \\limes\Profiles\startadmin.bat
wins support = yes
domain group map = /data/private/domaingroup.map
domain user map = /data/private/domainuser.map
lock dir = /data/lock
admin users = @root
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 0 -s /bin/false -M
%u

It's a German W2K-Version so it must be administratoren I think
---------------domaingroup.map---------------------
root = Administratoren

---------------domainuser.map----------------------
alex = Administrator

now if I signup to the Domain "HUNTER" it works "Welcome to domain
HUNTER".
But if I try to login at start-up the following Message is shown (I hope
I translate it correctly):

"The Computer account isn't part of the primary Domain or the Password
is wrong"
Something likes that.

In the log file there is:
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
alex logged in as admin user (root privileges)
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
TODO: verify that the rid exists

Thanks for helping

Best Regards
	Alexander <Alexander at Prehypertext.de>