[Samba] Naming convention in Samba

Juri Ahokas juri.ahokas at ktl.fi
Wed Mar 27 02:12:09 GMT 2002

Hi Michael,

It went quite as I figured myself. Using "old style" naming is possible when
You are building up new infrastructure but problems come along when You want
to intergrate into the existing one, like
research.westwing.bioinformatics.com?

Well, let´s hope that the solution is just around the next corner:-)

Anyone, with experience of long dotted domainnames and intergration with
winbind&samba later on, feel free to throw Your opinions.

Best wishes,

Juri