[Samba] samba 2.2.3a & winbind - "smbmount" binary is missing

Sarris, Chris Chris_Sarris at csgsystems.com
Mon Mar 25 07:45:04 GMT 2002

Brian,
yes I have used the smbmount command to work with shares..... but I have had
to copy that command over to my linux RH 7.2 box along with smbmount and
some other commands because these commands did not compile with the Samba
2.2.3a (latest release) when I followed the HOW TO.... I don't understand
why  they did not compile ... but the commands are not in the
Samba-2.2.3a/bin directory.

So... the question is, why didn't the Samba make and make install compile
and install the smbmount command (and a couple of othere ones like "smbmnt")
... I had to copy they over using a floppy disk?

I thought it might be my error.... So I compiled and installed the
Samba-2.2.3a on another machine all together.... and again there the mount
command would not work because smbmount and smbmnt were not ANYWHERE on the
linux box..... not in the Samab/bin directory or in /usr/bin.... "find"
could not locate them....

what do you think?
thanks,
Chris