[Samba] Samba, Windows 2000 Native Domain, and Active Directo ry

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 15:28:03 GMT 2002

Samba does not take any DC role but simply does lookups on the domain
users/groups just as an NT4 server would - it achieves this using the
winbindd program.  Have a look at the winbindd man page which is on the
Samba web site documentation for a clear guide.

I would then work step by the step through the Samba Howto Collection which
is also on the website.

It does all work BTW.  The only caveat is all those little sub-groupings
which they encourage you to contstruct in ADS are unseen by Samba - only the
Global Security Groups are accessible.

Noel