[Samba] SGI XFS RedHat 7.2 Boot CD

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Tue Mar 26 10:07:03 GMT 2002

I've actually never built a default install of RedHat 7.2 on any machine
that's got 7.2 on it.  The ACL stuff for XFS is quite nice and at least
samba-2.2.2 is using them on one of my boxen here.

It's usually a good idea to make your /boot partition ext2 though as
more of the rescue tools can mount ext2 and not single floppy utilities
can mount xfs.  However if you're putting it all on RAID that doesn't
much matter, as mounting a RAID partition is sometimes just as
difficult.

Chris Tooley