[Samba] FoxPro/lock troubles with samba 2.2.2/.3a

Jason Barker jbarker at edulog.com
Tue Mar 26 08:26:03 GMT 2002

You are certainly right about "if you do not have problems...", that's why
we ran some checks, and the database checks out fine.
This database is 20MB in size and it accessed by a FoxPro5 front-end that
someone in-house wrote. During the day there is anywhere between 5 to 15
users accessing it. We've been running the database off of the samba server
since the first half of February, with no problems. Reading about these fox
pro corruption problems still concerned me though, but everything is looking
OK. Since it is all working fine, and has for almost 2 months now, I am just
going to keep an eye on it, and upgrade at the next release rather than grab
the CVS.

Thanks for everyone's help.