[Samba] FoxPro/lock troubles with samba 2.2.2/.3a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Mar 26 10:15:04 GMT 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 09:31:02AM -0700, Jason Barker wrote:
> You are certainly right about "if you do not have problems...", that's why
> we ran some checks, and the database checks out fine.
> This database is 20MB in size and it accessed by a FoxPro5 front-end that
> someone in-house wrote. During the day there is anywhere between 5 to 15
> users accessing it. We've been running the database off of the samba server
> since the first half of February, with no problems. Reading about these fox
> pro corruption problems still concerned me though, but everything is looking
> OK. Since it is all working fine, and has for almost 2 months now, I am just
> going to keep an eye on it, and upgrade at the next release rather than grab
> the CVS.

That's probably the best idea. I was given a program the stressed
the Foxpro locking code over a network severely and it was
failing on Samba, the change I made fixed it and will be in
the next release (2.2.4). If you're not experiencing problems
currently then no need to upgrade to (still changing) CVS
code.

Jeremy.