[Samba] apache logs -> samba -> windows file locking question

___cliff rayman___ cliff at genwax.com
Mon Mar 25 21:24:02 GMT 2002

i don't think oplocks is going to work with apache.
the log file is not locked at all by apache or linux. it
is simply an open file that is being written to.  what
makes you think you are running into locking issues?

i assume that when a new log is generated, the old one
is getting renamed to access_log.1 or something similar.
you can access this log without worrying about many
racing conditions, since nothing will write to this file,
except that it will be incremented to the next higher
number once per day.  to understand the details
of this process and modify its behavior:
man logrotate
less /etc/logrotate.d/apache

hth,

cliff