[Samba] Samba as PDC, VMWare Win2k

Bobby Mitchell bmitchel at niac.usra.edu
Fri Mar 22 07:19:03 GMT 2002

I have a Samba, version samba-2.2.3a-20020206, running on RedHat 7.2. I
have a Linux workstation, also RedHat 7.2, with VMWare installed and
running Win2k. The network is bridged so the VMWare Win2k has it's own
IP address.

The PDC works fine with other computers that are running only Win2k, but
my VMWare Win2k can not find the domain at all. I have disabled
ipchains/iptables and still can't join the domain.

Does anyone have a VMWare Win2k that has joined a Samba PDC?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can try to track down this
problem?

--
Robert J. (Bobby) Mitchell
Systems Administrator