[Samba] Anonymous access to samba server

amoote at ivhs.com amoote at ivhs.com
Fri Mar 22 07:06:11 GMT 2002

Jacob,

That's entirely possible.  I am doing the exact same thing.  (Printserver
w/temporary unregulated filespace)

Here's the smb.conf I am using on that PC.

[global]
             workgroup = RESOURCES
             netbios name = PASSPORT
             server string = Printer and Temp Server (%v)
             security = SHARE
             log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
             max log size = 200
             os level = 128
             preferred master = False
             domain master = True
             dns proxy = No
             wins server = 172.17.10.225
             guest account = samba
             printer admin = samba

[printers]
             comment = All Printers
             path = /var/spool/samba
             guest ok = Yes
             printable = Yes
             browseable = No

[print$]
             path = /home/samba/printers
             write list = samba
             guest ok = Yes

[temp]
             comment = Shared Temporary Filespace
             path = /home/samba/temp
             read only = No
             guest only = Yes
             guest ok = Yes

[stuff]
             comment = IT Temporary Filespace
             path = /home/samba/stuff
             read only = No
             guest only = Yes
             guest ok = Yes
             browseable = No

The [temp] share is the temporary filespace and the [stuff] share is a
hidden mount used by IT.

Regards,

Alan B. Moote
Systems Administrator
MARK IV Industries
tel: 905.624.7908
fax: 905.625.6197

                      "Jacob Vennervald
                      Madsen"                  To:       <samba at samba.org>
                      <jvm at gopinocchio.        cc:
                      com>                     Subject:  [Samba] Anonymous access to samba server
                      Sent by:
                      samba-admin at lists
                      .samba.org

                      03/21/02 03:18 AM

Hi List

I've set up a samba server as file- and printserver.
I wan't it allow anonymous access to these to shares so you don't have
to log in with username and password.
Is that possible?

Jacob